There is not enough purple food in the world. This beet pesto is not only ridiculously easy but it’s also incredibly gorgeous. A feast for your eyes and your belly.
I do all my grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s and they have an amazing time saving product for this pesto. This package of steamed and peeled beets will save you so much time making this. You can always opt to peel and roast your own beets but this recipe will follow my Trader Joe’s hack.
– 1 Package of Trader Joe’s Steamed and Peeled Baby Beets
– 1/2 cup of shaved grana padano (also can use Parmigiano Reggiano)
– 1/2 cup of dry roasted pecans
– 1-2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil (the consistency will depend on your preference)
Add all the ingredients to a food processor or your dry option Vitamix. Blend until reached consistency. I start with one tablespoon of olive oil then add more to achieve the desired thickness.
This stores in a mason jar beautifully for about a week in the fridge. You can double the recipe to obtain more but the half-ish jar is a perfect amount for a week for my husband and I.
A few ways to enjoy your pesto:
– add to pita with feta and fresh spinach as shown in the first photo for a light and delicious lunch
– dip fresh veggies in it (carrots and peppers are my favorite option for this)
– use as sauce base for your next pizza night